Saturday, January 21, 2012

Winner and Lacy Butterflies

Hi Y'all,
The winner of the prize for the Quietfire Design Butterfly Blog Flutter from my blog has been chosen.

But first, I have another card to share.


This is a dimensional card that didn't scan very well. It's much prettier in real life. BTW, sorry for the scans...my loving kitties decided to kill my digital camera a while back and a replacement just isn't in the budget right now. Note: the black edging on all my scans are not part of the card, just needed so that the scanner won't cut off the edges.

The butterflies are done with the Spellbinders Nested Butterflies Two on white cardstock. I smeared Crystal Stickles all over them and made a slight center fold on both butterlies. The smaller butterfly was attached to the larger with double-sided tape. Place purple Bling along body, for eyes, and on wings. The antenae are the waste from the large butterfly, attached with a bead of Stickles. Cut two layers of yellow Core'dinations cardstock with two sizes of Spellbinders Lacy Squares. Create a square card out of orange Core'dinations and assemble with double-sided tape.

Inside:


Cut another two layers of yellow with the Lacy Squares. Stamp saying from the Butterfly Circles set on white cardstock. Cut out with Spellbinder Standard Circles Large. Run a bead of Stickles around the edge and fill in the tiny butterfly. Turn small square for a sense of movement.

Now, for the winner of the $50 prize...

Karen said...
Stunning! What a lovely format to showcase the beautiful calligraphy. I love it!

Congratulations Karen.  Please contact Suzanne at suzanne@quietfiredesign.com to claim your prize.

Thanks to everyone for you kind words about my creation for the Blog Flutter.  They are very nice warm fuzzies.

Thanks for looking.
 

6 comments:

Yogi said...

beautiful. Love the layers.

Robyn said...

Oh Monica I think you have gotten into your stride!
Love the layering, the contrast and the simple and elegant look.

Quietfire said...

Oh, I love it! I love the line of bling down the middle of the butterfly! Keep on creating!!! Encore!

CraftyJo said...

This is lovely - so very pretty and it does set off the calligraphy to great effect.

Roberta said...

Beautiful card, Monica. I love butterflies.

Art By Wanda said...

This is beautiful, Monica!!!