Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cats Rule

Hi Y'all,
The theme for this week's Created Byhand Challenge is Queen/Purple. In our house, cats rule and purple is my favorite color so this was an easy one for me.


When I started to create this card I discovered I didn't have exactly the color of purple cardstock I wanted so I went exploring in my supplies. The base layer is Lumiere Pearlescent Purple paint sponged on watercolor paper. Two pieces of Stardream Gold cardstock were cut using Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Pendant die. Mount one piece directly to base card; rotate other layer and mount with popdots. Stamp and emboss "Queen of" and "All She surveys" (Quietfire Design) on lavender Stardream text weight paper. Cut out using Spellbinders Fancy Tags dies and mount as shown with popdots. The "Queen" is from a package of Movable Parts Just Cats diecuts and is mounted with popdots. Use sections of popdots waste to attach crown charm.

Enabler's List:
Rubber stamps
Watercolor paper
Lumiere paint
Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Pendant
Spellbinders Fancy Tags
Crown Charm
Stardream cardstock
Just Cats diecuts

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

No comments: